5R110W DOA

dieseldog1
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Larson
Other:

5R110W DOA

Post by dieseldog1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 pm

Time for a trans repair!
I stopped in traffic, and went to move (another 3') and it revved then slammed into D. Anyway, I finally got it off rt 93 in rush hour traffic, and onto a backroad where I was hoping to diag the issue. When I stopped and tried to put it in P, it wouldn't budge!! I Googles it and it said to tap the brake peddle then try again. It WORKED?? Again, w/handy google, I came to the conclusion that it's a pressure control solenoid. Towed it to my house. I did a line pressure test (when cold) And I got 25 psi at idle right through the gears. In R, at 2200 rpms it hit 320, In D, it hit 310. In 3 it hit 260psi, in 2 it hit 215 and then in 1 it hit 270.. I know that I needed a reverse/low solenoid for awhile, cause it would shudder for a second when I'd engage R. I also just started having a shudder on the highway from d to OD. But other than that, it always seemed to shift well. I dropped the pan, and the fluid wasn't bad. It didn't stink and there was zero metal in the magnet. There was some heavy black goop in there, but not much at all. SUPPOSEDLY, The guy I bought it from, had a Stage 3 kit installed, but never replaced the solenoids. My trucks dead in the water here! Any help would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with Ice Cold Beer to whoever helps me Git Er Done!

mwilt
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Wilt
Other: Transtar Rep

Re: 5R110W DOA

Post by mwilt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 pm

We've posted your inquiry to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TranstarIndustriesInc/ in an attempt to solicit advice from a wider audience.