Missing posts?

aapple
First Name: J
Last Name: Adams
Other:

Missing posts?

Post by aapple » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:50 pm

SO...I haven't logged in here for a while...prolly a month or so.(I been busy ;>)) I'm looking thru the forums, and it seems that even if I search for topics a year old, I keep getting this message:
EZ Tech Forum wrote:No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.
. I can see on the topics page that topics/posts have been made in any given forum in the last month, but when I click on the topic, there is either nothing there, or only ONE post...the very last one posted, but nothing BEFORE the last post. Makes it hard to see what the original problem/question was, OR any subsequent responses. Right now, the posts only go back to Jan 29th, 2016. Anything older than that is just GONE.
Why would the complete forum database be eliminated after a certain date? Are ya trying to save server space? Does the system automatically delete everything past a certain time? Or....have aliens come in and zapped all the older stuff? lol
Seems like if the forum is set up to delete data after a certain time period, it would also delete any reference to it on the topics page....so idjits like meself won't keep trying to read older posts that aren't there any more.... :>(
Last edited by bwoogie on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Adams
Duncanville, Texas

"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world"

dhritsko
First Name: David
Last Name: Hritsko
Other:

Re: Missing posts?

Post by dhritsko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 pm

no idea and I will definitely look into it , hope its not aliens . Heck I have enough trouble keeping spammers out . I appreciate you letting me know .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries
Technical Service Manager

dhritsko
Other:

Post by dhritsko » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:35 am

are you still having this issue ? I had the team look into this and they could not find any issues , I can see everything on my end . Any other members having issues seeing all the posts ? I know there are some that may have not gotten any responses .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries

aapple
Other:

Post by aapple » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 pm

Yes, actually. For instance, if you want to look at the thread entitled 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 with slipping 4L60E, all I see is
eztech.jpg

...and this is with the search parameter set for "Display posts from previous 1 year". I responded in that thread Wed Feb 03, 2016, at 2:21 pm...but at this time I cannot even see the thread. :<(

Windows 7, Firefox here at home. Windows 10 Firefox at the shop...same results on either 'puter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J. Adams
Duncanville, Texas

"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world"

dhritsko
Other:

Post by dhritsko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:12 am

Search these results:

Search found 50 matches • Page 1 of 5 • 12345

Re: 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 with slipping 4L60E

Normally, once the pump rotor breaks, it won't distribute any shrapnel into the unit, since there is no fluid flowing. Possible the pump is incorrect, or it has a stuck PR valve. Also possible the dang trans was just no good to begin with. Reman don't make it good...just makes it clean and shiny.......
by bwoogieWed Feb 03, 2016 4:21 pm Forum: GM Automatic TransmissionsTopic: 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 with slipping 4L60EReplies: 4 here is your post . maybe it is firefox . when I tried using firefox a little while back it caused me more grief than anything . I will pass this along to see if it is something else .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries

aapple
Other:

Post by aapple » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks Dave...I'll see if IE or Chrome works any betta for me on this....

sigh....same results with both IE and Chrome. Even if I just go into the "GM" forum section, and scroll until I see a specific thread, it gives me the same outcome..."No posts in this time frame", regardless of how far back the search parameter is set. Makes it really hard to follow a thread until a fix is posted if it disappears after a few days... :<(

Of course, it could just be because it is ME....story of me life... lol!
J. Adams
Duncanville, Texas

dhritsko
Other:

Post by dhritsko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:12 pm

I have the people that set the site up looking into it , you're a great asset here and do not want to lose you .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries

dhritsko
Other:

Post by dhritsko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:37 pm

try now , I kinda rebooted your profile , hope I didn't make it worse but I will get it figured out
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries

aapple
Other:

Post by aapple » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:23 pm

I was kicked off....lol! I kept getting a "Account inactive" message until I checked my email....doh!
Anyway...still have the same issue. Perhaps I'm missing something, or not doing something right, so I'll go thru how I log in and check....maybe this will give you something to go on.

I have the log in page bookmarked, so I click on that, log in, and then hit "Active Topics". I'll read thru whatever is on that page, THEN I'll click on the "Display posts from previous xxx days/weeks/months/etc." I'll look at what is on the page, and click on one I want to read/check....that's when I see the "No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame". Notice that this message says "No posts"...not "No NEW posts".

I'll keep playing around, and see if I can figure out what I'm doing/not doing. This is something that has just started for me....I never had this issue until a couple of weeks ago...or at least that's when I first noticed it.
Thanks again, Dave. ;>)

I'll add this...I even clicked on the "View your posts" link at the top left. ANYTHING past Feb 3rd 2016 I get the no posts message. Anything since then is all there, and view-able....if that helps any.
J. Adams
Duncanville, Texas