How many follow this rule?

buddha52
First Name: Bradley
Last Name: Miller
Other:

How many follow this rule?

Post by buddha52 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:48 pm

The Kenny Rogers Rule
How many times have you worked yourself up into a lather over some seemingly straightforward part of a build that you just can’t seem to get right? No matter how many times you do and re-do the steps, it all just seems to be an exercise in frustration. But then, in disgust, and before you start breaking stuff, you take a break, you sleep on it. When you come back, magically, the task comes together and you find yourself wondering what your problem was in the first place. I call this the “Kenny Rogers Rule” (from the lyrics to “The Gambler,” made popular by Rogers: “You’ve got to know when to hold ’em. Know when to fold ’em. Know when to walk away. And know when to run.”). Trust me, applying this rule will end up saving the day nearly every single time.

Gareth Branwyn is a freelance writer and the former Editorial Director of Maker Media
BRAD MILLER
Morgantown WV.
Like us on Facebook@ "Otto Matics"

"If you can't fix it with a hammer,you have an electrical problem"

dhritsko
First Name: David
Last Name: Hritsko
Other:

Re: How many follow this rule?

Post by dhritsko » Tue May 31, 2016 7:59 am

I have more than once . What gets me is say like a clutch plate is hanging and someone walks over and it falls together as soon as they touch it .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries
Technical Service Manager

barrycole
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Cole
Other:

Re: How many follow this rule?

Post by barrycole » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Little late on the reply, but I would have that problem and would drop all and walk away and have a smoke and come back and all would come together. If you keep at it, it will sure "F" Up!! I said this in too my two sons, so they would not get frustrated on problems. It is working! Walk away and comeback, it works. Its better then a comeback!!
Barry Cole Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Retired after 35 years