a604 overheating after rebuild

craigrushton
First Name: craig
Last Name: rushton
Other:

a604 overheating after rebuild

Post by craigrushton » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:25 pm

just got done with this one showed 350+ trans temp just sitting in the stall before i ever moved it, it came in with a broke carrier bearing some burnt clutches nothing special, what i changed the tft sensor just to see if it was reading bad and it is the same i am going to let it cool all the way down like over the weekend and check monday, what i did that i have never done before is on the extension housings on the diff the baffles were destroyed and i could not find any i did not run install any i was going to drive it see how it went and go from there can these cause my issue? i do have good cooler flow too i checked that and i replaced the valve under the pump with a new one from dodge any input would greatly help

carod
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Roy
Other:

Re: a604 overheating after rebuild

Post by carod » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Are you sure it is really geting that hot? Can you recheck the temp to be sure?
Just a thought.

craigrushton
First Name: craig
Last Name: rushton
Other:

Re: a604 overheating after rebuild

Post by craigrushton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

it is not really getting that hot at all what im finding is the tcm is reading 160 degrees before it even starts, as it warms up it is way out of wack it is only about 50 degrees at best here so that 160 on a cold start is what i am trying to figure out i am also getting a p1798 trans fluid burnt it is clean brand new plus four fluid. so its not burnt at all so far what i have done is replace the tft first no change, found on the tcm i am getting the same ohms at the tcm as i am the harness i am starting to belive the tcm it self is my cluprit