mini cvt VT1

sirrealism
First Name: Brant
Last Name: LaVigne
Other:

mini cvt VT1

Post by sirrealism » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 am

I am on a roll of CVTs had the Ford that kicked my but. Then a Honda hybrid and now a Mini! Not sure why I get stuck with these LOL.
Anyway car came in with high miles 200k It is stuck in low/1st gear and has a p1786 shift regulator range code. Also had a 51 trans ECU control malf in the abs. I cant find anything about these codes. alldata doesn't list them. I cleared the codes and drove it and still no shift/ratio change but no codes came back. Pulled the unit and took it apart. "If you have not done one of these there is a pretty good vid on youtube because there are some things hidden that keep it from coming apart" Anyway I don't really see anything wrong inside so I am hoping someone can tell me what the codes mean or has a suggestion what to look for. Thanks

sirrealism
First Name: Brant
Last Name: LaVigne
Other:

Re: mini cvt VT1

Post by sirrealism » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

so after going through it and putting it back in it did not work. Pulled it out again and watched a bunch of vids from youtube and found that you can take the input drum apart. the sealing oring was wiped out and the surface that it rides was chewed pretty bad. couple hours of sand paper and a flappy paddle wheel and I believe its going to work. Parts are very hard to find for this unit.