RAP Remote Assisted Programing

carod
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Roy
Other:

RAP Remote Assisted Programing

Post by carod » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi I just received the latest Transtar News letter announcing RAP. Remote Assisted Programing
through Transtar with Drew Technologies. You get a small computer and connect to Drew Technologies
and can program or flash a vehicle right from your shop. I am taking a serious look at it.
Looking for some comments and feedback. I anyone using a service like this one? Are you going
to a dealership to have this type of work done? Please jump in and comment!
Thanks
Rod Roy

transpck08
First Name: freddy
Last Name: hernandez
Other:

Re: RAP Remote Assisted Programing

Post by transpck08 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm

I have about 6 years using Snap on pass thru pro 2. The benefit from my point is that if your working on any GM, you have 24hrs access to reflash or program any module on as many cars as you like. The cost for 1 day access is less than the 125.00.

dhritsko
First Name: David
Last Name: Hritsko
Other:

Post by dhritsko » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:32 am

programming is becoming a big deal and will need to be done more and more . The RAP kit is free BUT you have to pay per use and have to do 2 a month or a user fee is applied . The user fee covers the cost of the internet usage for the RAP kit that it comes with . Drew Tech is awesome to work with .
Dave Hritsko
Transtar Industries
Technical Service Manager

carod
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Roy
Other:

Post by carod » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks for the input so far. What I like is the cost. I have a hard time to justify spending
several thousand dollars to get set up to do this. What are the costs associated with
some of the other systems like Snap on?

transpck08
First Name: freddy
Last Name: hernandez
Other:

Post by transpck08 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:07 pm

If you use a pass thru device, you will need a laptop with windows 7 (windows 10 not support yet),battery voltage maintainer, and some jumper cables for the battery maintainer. The cost depends on the brand of the devices. I spent about 2200 on my equipment. And thats because i already had my laptop.

jasper1234
First Name: sean
Last Name: jones
Other:

Post by jasper1234 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 am

i love the idea i think we are going to get one .i talked to the transtar rep and he said the box is free but if you do not use it for the month it is 25.00 .thing is even if you had the pass thru some dealer subscriptions are expensive like nissan ,honda if you only program 1 or 2 of those a month its not worth it. i think the rap system is a great idea, sean