Alldata vs. Mitchell suggestions

rebuilder67
First Name: rebuilder67
Last Name: malone
Other:

Alldata vs. Mitchell suggestions

Post by rebuilder67 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

just wanted to ask for some advice. I'm about to open my own shop and cannot decide what source to go with for my diagnostics/code lookup etc alldata, Mitchell. does anyone have any suggestions? I need something for putting quotes together and also for the diagnosis side of things. I will be doing mainly transmissions/driveline and some general repair. when first starting out want to keep things to a minimum but I also don't want to limit myself or not have what I need to do the job right. I appreciate any input. Thank you

rebuilder67
Other:

Re: Alldata vs. Mitchell suggestions

Post by rebuilder67 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:55 pm

one more thing is atra a good for an independent shop. I want to be able to offer nationwide warranties and it looks like it is a good company to be a member of. thx again

zzyzxpat
Other:

Post by zzyzxpat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:10 pm

TRNW would be the first money I would spend. Very inexpensive, get on the forums and you will learn more in 1 year than in 5 anywhere else.

ATRA is worth the money IMO. Not cheap, but very useful.

I have Alldata, not the best out there IMO. I can't speak for the others but I have had Mitchell and liked it very much.

TRNW and ATRA serve different needs. I use TRNW to gain knowledge on a daily basis and with the occasional problem, but I use ATRA as more of a reference place to look up breakdowns, locations, bulletins, etc. I have both and could not do my job as well without them.
Pat Schulte
AAMCO Transmisssions
Temecula, Ca.

aapple
First Name: J
Last Name: Adams
Other:

Post by aapple » Fri May 01, 2015 4:50 pm

As Pat says, I prefer Mitchell over Alldata. Better wiring diagrams on Mitchell, and easier to use makes a huge difference, imho. TRNW and ATSG or ATRA is money well spent. Just the Fix Database on TRNW is worth the cost of membership.
J. Adams
Duncanville, Texas

"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world"

barrycole
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Cole
Other:

Post by barrycole » Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Mitchell is the one that I have found as the best, for electrical diagrams.
Barry Cole Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Retired after 35 years

rebuilder67
Other:

Post by rebuilder67 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 pm

thank u for all your suggestions. trnw is a great site and I think Mitchell is the one I'm going with as well as atra we have a good chapter in our region and have heard nothing but good things about them. I figured getting hands on input would help me wade through all the b.s.. When you start looking at each site they all look great , didn't want to go in blind. thanks again

bndtransmission
Other:

Post by bndtransmission » Wed May 27, 2015 5:05 pm

I personally have been using Alldatadiy.com..any vehicle that i need info on i can purchase specifically for $10 (12months sub)
The info is usually there but not always..i'm sure its a little more generic than the systems you guys speak of but it serves
its purpose for me-just my two cents :)
Brent Hill
B&D Transmissions
Wooldridge, Mo.
660-839-2237