Snap-on updates

gsferraro
First Name: Gary
Last Name: Ferraro
Other:

Snap-on updates

Post by gsferraro » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Hello,
Need some input again. Just wondering what people are doing about snap-on updates, i see you can buy a software subscription, i see for the solus its 63.00 a month(which isnt too bad) does anyone out there have the monthly subsciption to snap-on for updates? I would think it would be cheaper to do this instead of having my snap on rep do it, at about 700 an update provided you want every update. Thoughts please. Gary

craigrushton
First Name: craig
Last Name: rushton
Other:

Re: Snap-on updates

Post by craigrushton » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I personally think its a good deal but imo i really like the autel brand of stuff its cheaper and as good or better than all the snap on stuff and their updates are cheaper for example i think their 500 a year but if you dont update for 5 years and year 5 you update you get everything current and past for the years you did not update for only 500 we all need to stay up to date but most of the time and most of us will not see 2015 vehicles till 2019 or 2020 and for 2500 on autel you get the scan tool and a pass through device and with the 6f35 6r60 6l80 transmissions going to more and more common we all need some way to replace the tcm on these things

Transguy
First Name: Randall
Last Name: Davidson
Other:

Re: Snap-on updates

Post by Transguy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:39 am

I was wanting the Autel DS 708.
Unfortunately it is being canceled this year. Support will last through 2020 after all the units made to this point have been sold.

I suppose they are replacing it with an Autel DS 808 which I can find very little info about, it only a promise that it is coming 2016.