shift kit advice

craigrushton
First Name: craig
Last Name: rushton
Other:

shift kit advice

Post by craigrushton » Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 pm

i have a 700r4 non aux i built a year or so back used the transgo jr kit i use these in most of them i build, what im running into is the results are too varied some shift nice and crisp others feel like i did nothing. this one feels like i did nothing. I have used the transgo hd2 a few times but do not like the amount of work that goes in it for the result you get. I am looking at the superior hd hp kit has anyone used this if so what did you think. If there is something else out there you guys are using for street rod vehicles im all ears here looking for nice firm constant shifts not bone jaring teeth rattling shifts.

craigrushton
First Name: craig
Last Name: rushton
Other:

Re: shift kit advice

Post by craigrushton » Fri May 11, 2018 7:18 pm

went with the superior hd kit worked awesome this is my go to from now on

carod
First Name: Rod
Last Name: Roy
Other:

Re: shift kit advice

Post by carod » Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 pm

You could try the Transgo SK700G as it is a kit between the SK700 junior and the 700-2&3 Reprograming kit
There is adjustability in this kit to help you get the results you want. I am doing some early 700R4 transissions as well
for muscle cars and trucks. I have found that you have to make a second adjustent some times to get the transmission to work
to the way you want it or the customer likes it. I am going to attach some info from the SK700-G on adjusting shift firmness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.