CVT7 2013 Nissan Sentra

gsferraro
First Name: Gary
Last Name: Ferraro
Other:

CVT7 2013 Nissan Sentra

Post by gsferraro » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Dave,
This trans came in not shifting when hot, no codes. Opened the trans and found damaged piston and seal on the primary pulley. Overhauled the trans with a new valvebody from Nissan and had a Nissan tech do the programming, Berkeley Standard pulley set(transtar) flow control valve(transgo) overhaul kit and converter. Customer called today said it feels like it doing the same thing, getting the car back tomorrow.
Wondering if there is any way to get in touch with or E-mail Jarad Warren to ask him what i should look for. I called ATSG but if you can't get Wayne on the phone they really can't help you(the tech that called me said he was not familiar with the trans and couldn't help). Thanks Gary

gsferraro
First Name: Gary
Last Name: Ferraro
Other:

Re: CVT7 2013 Nissan Sentra

Post by gsferraro » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Update,
The problem ended up being low on fluid, it leaked through the cooler return housing. I called Nissan to order one and he told me the part number has changed so he thinks the housing has been updated. The filter and housing together was around 20.00, you guys may want to change them if one comes into the shop.